Have occasional constipation. Noticed small movable lump outside anus. What this could be?

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi doctor,
I noticed this small lump just outside the anus a few days back, it's movable, painless and soft. It increases or decreases in size on its own. I am really scared as to what this could be. I do have occasional constipation. Please help!
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 48 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

With available described symptoms and attached photo, there appears to be possibility of external hemorrhoids.
Presence of painless, soft and movable small lump suggest the diagnosis.

There may be thrombosed piles, abscess at this location but these are tender in nature and very painful.
You should consult with general surgeon/ XXXXXXX medicine specialist and should go for examination without any hesitation.
Constipation may be a precipitating factor for piles formation.
You should also take stool softener, high fibrous diet and plenty of water.
You should also perform increased physical activity as it maintains gastrointestinal movements.

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava