Have numbness and tingling in toes of right foot Also
Also had XXXXXXX tingling in left foot and finger but minor compared to right foot
Went to doctor he suggested it was my bunions but not sure how that would effect tingling in fingers bunions don’t hurt or causing any pain
He also check blood sugar and the test for diabetes which were all in normal range
But just yesterday my right foot has had like a pulsing feeling on the very top of foot and my right leg on the outside of the calf I am getting occasional pulsing feeling also
Should I go to a foot doctor ?
Probably symptoms related to bunions, follow the advice below.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms seem to be related to bunions.
Bunions can cause skeletal deformation and irritate the nerve.
This can be one of the causes of numbness in the toes.
I would recommend to do some examinations which can help through the diagnosis. I suggest:
- An x-ray of the foot
- A complete blood count
- Rheumatoid factor level to exclude arthritis
- Uric acid level to exclude gout
Meanwhile, I recommend using anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day.
Heating pads can also help in reducing the symptoms.
I also suggest you to use a bunion pad to treat the bunion.
If the symptoms continue you should see an orthopedist specialist for further evaluation and treatment.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?