Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Have non Hodgkins lymphoma. Had surgery for small bowel tuberculosis. Oncologist and hospital in India?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Dr my father has been diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphoma test are still being performed for markers reports are awaited earlier he w as diagnosed with small bowel tuberculosis which was not responding to medicine after 5 month he went for surgery to remove the affected pArt of ileal but tumor was discover during surgery and biopsy was performed.sir my query is to please guide what do which oncologist and hospital in india to connect to thanks XXXXXX
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 54 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Your father needs to see an onco hematologist. You can consult Dr VP Choudhary at Sunflag Hospital in Faridabad. The hematology departments at AIIMS and CMC Vellore are also very good.
Let me know if I can address any more questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have non Hodgkins lymphoma. Had surgery for small bowel tuberculosis. Oncologist and hospital in India? 1 hour later
thanks for being so quick in replying to my query Iwould like to know
How are the faculties of Apollo XXXXXXX or Artemis hospital or XXXXXXX XXXXXXX in this case also if u be kind enough to provide with other suitable oncologist option as well, can we show him to medical oncologist as well
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 8 minutes later
I think we should be looking to go to the best doctors available. I personally dont know anyone in XXXXXXX or Artemis. Dr PK XXXXXXX is a known hematologist in Apollo Cancer Centre, New Delhi A hematoncologist would be a better option than a medical oncologist.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor