Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have neck problem. Tingling sensation in fingers and legs. MRI showed spinal stenosis. Relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 364 Questions
Hi, my name is XXXXXXX I am in Hawaii and very, swimming..however I have a upper spine, neck problem and MRI findings already for a few years. Sometimes I experiece tingling in fingers and legs. don't know if I should stop doing things or continue while I am in Hawaii. Some examples of my MRI from a few months ago:
C4/5: A posterior disc bulge/osteophyte complex is evident, stable compared to prior and the uncal
vertebral osteophytes result in moderate bilateral foraminal narrowing, stable compared to prior. The
AP dimension of the thecal sac is 10 mm, consistent with mild spinal stenosis.

Thank you for your comments
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 4 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic.

I am sorry to know that you are suffering from neck problem for a long time.
There are various causes of this type of problem.

Among them the commonest are cervical spondylosis,spondylitis,prolapsed intervertebral disc,cervical rib & cervical spinal stenosis.

Tingling sensation of the both limbs indicate compression of the nerve root & this pathology is also present at the lumber level also.

In asymptomatic cases, it is usually left untreated.
But if it is symptomatic then decompression of the nerve root is essential.
Proper neurological examination of the both limb is also needed.

Your doctor will help you to choosing of the treatment option & about continuation of the exercise.
I hope I have been some help about your query.
Please write if you have another query.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor