Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have nausea feeling and headache due to infection in ear. What is the cure for ear infection?

User rating for this question
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1109 Questions
Hii I am XXXX (27). I am having a serious infection in my Left Ear. It has punctured once at the age of 10. I get this infection frequently and is been treated by my Family doctor by prescribing anti-biotics and paracetamol. But I would like to get rid of this now as it gives me a nausea feeling and even really bad headaches.
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Get ENT consultation urgently Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for the question. You had trauma to the ear in childhood and now infections. You should get ENT consultation done for examination of ear ,if there is perforation then you must get it operated. Ear drum perforation if persist for long causes hearing loss with every episodes of infection. So before surgery a hearing test ie pure tone audiometry is a must. As you are also complaining of dizziness so before surgery you should get done a HRCT scan temporal bone to rule out bone erosion due to disease. Hope I have answered your question, please write back to me if you need further clarifications. Wishing you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor