Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

163 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have mole in nose. What should be done to cure it permanently?

Answered by
Dr. Sumit Bhatti

ENT Specialist

Practicing since :1991

Answered : 2563 Questions

Posted on Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Dear Team,

my query is related to mucus.
most often every morning for one to two hours after bathing i m facing mucus issue.
i have checked with our family doctor he told us that there is a mole in nose need to operate it.

so what can be done to resolve this issue permanently.

for some times a month or two this issue is automatically solved but after some time it satrts again.
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. Blocked sinuses are poorly ventilated and along with stasis of secretions, continuing infection and inflammation is common. The mucus drains into the throat as a Post Nasal Drip (PND). Sometimes, the infection is fungal and hence medication does not help. Hence supportive treatment is required. Do you have Eosinophilia or Acid reflux? Have you had a Chest X-ray?

2. You should wash your sinuses with a solution of normal saline with a pinch of salt and baking soda added to it.

3. An ideal treatment combination includes an anti-histamine like levocetrizine or rupatidine, an anti-leukotriene, a steroid nasal spray, saline nasal washes and steam inhalation. Supportive treatment such as decongestants, mucolytics. Measures for dental hygiene should be taken.

4. You may share your CT PNS (Para Nasal Sinuses) Scan and investigation (blood) reports here for more specific treatment options. For example, if your Sinus CT is normal, only medication is required. Balloon Sinuplasty may be an option. Radio-frequency and Co-ablation assisted surgery are also newer options as compared to FESS (Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery) if you want to avoid major surgery. The mole mentioned by your family doctor is probably a hypertrophied inferior nasal turbinate or a nasal polyp.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Skeletal system

doctor1 MD

Hi, im 22, 1.65m and 62kg. I had two surgeries, first of astrocytoma GII Th7-Th11 in 1997 and second of scoliosis in 2003 but anterior approach. The scar after the second suregery stretches from 1 cm medial from spina iliaca anterior superior diagonally to 1 cm from my spine. Occasionally I have a pain that I would describe as a stabbing 5 cm from spina iliaca anterior superior on linea axilaris anterior, usually its 5-6 cramps in half an hour and then go and it happens once in hmm 2 months. But last was today and i have pain every 5 sec for hours. What that could be???

doctor1 MD

My daughter broke her left wrist four months ago playing soccer. She had a distal radius fracture with volar displacement. Four months later she has pain at the base of wrist and arm swelling purple discoloration and rwcently her thumb pops in and out of socket and a strange painful bump has appeared on her wrist on her pinky side she can move the wrist but much pain still exists

doctor1 MD

Hi, 2 weeks ago I injured my back and neck, I went to see a physical therapist and she pressed hard on my spine (thoracic) that felt painful. A few hours later I started having pain in the thorax, then the following day a burning sentation in mi entire left breast and sternum, it is slowly getting better but I noticed a hard painful lump, any idea what it can be? can she have injured rib or sternum from pressing on my spine?

doctor1 MD

I I slipped and fell on the side of my bath tub, hit my ribs on right side very hard. This happend 9 days ago. I have very bad pain under my right breast and along the front right side of my ribs. I took a deep breath in and held it and I can t see my ribs, it does not look the sam as my left side. What could be wrong? Went to ER and doc sai xrays look normal but I think something is not right cause I m in severe pain percocets are not helping at All

doctor1 MD

for about a month I have been getting a heat sensation in my lower left butt/ glute its not painful just feels like I have a heating pad on my butt . up until the last couple days it came and went now its more steady thoughts

doctor1 MD

Hello, I just got home from work and did not feel like going to the gym so i decided to do workouts just here at home. I started doing some squats with just body weight and when I got to my 11th rep I got a pain in my chest, felt like my heart....

doctor1 MD

Twitching in mostly right pointer finger for few weeks. Sometimes arm. When go to bed feels like hand semi asleep. Top of right collarbone has had some pain to touch. Left arm twitches some but mostly the right Also,at times after i wake up,when I...