Owl Image

Have mixed anaerobic organism infection. Safe to take metronidazol and doxycylin?

Question
i have an mixed anaerobic organism infection , can i take metronidazol + doxycylin
,or which drug to take best?
Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
For a mixed anaerobic infection, you can have metronidazole and doxycycline. In case you have side effects like metallic taste, nausea, vomiting, etc then you can take secnidazole or tinidazole instead of metronidazole.
It is best to get these prescribed from your physician after a culture sensitivity report.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Have mixed anaerobic organism infection. Safe to take metronidazol and doxycylin? 17 hours later
Thank you for answering me. I have one more query. so i do have those tablets but i need some time to make a appointment to see a doctor,and i do feel bad. Would you be kind to tell me a what dose do I need to take and for how long. Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
You can take metronidazole in the dose of 400mg thrice daily. Doxycycline can be taken as 100mg twice daily. You can continue these for 7 days and see if the symptoms subside.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Have mixed anaerobic organism infection. Safe to take metronidazol and doxycylin? 15 hours later
Thank you for your help, i hope it will work for me. Now i see last weak i have been taken twice a day and it did not work properly for me,seems like it came back .

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Thank you.
I am glad I could help. I hope you will be better soon with the appropriate doses.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Warm regards