Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Have mild redness on glans and urethra, no discharge and no sores after unprotected oral sex. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10353 Questions
mild redness on glans and urethra, no discharge no sores. tingly feeling now and then, not realy painful.but has been constantly present for about 9 or 10 months,after recieving unprotected oral sex
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Mild redness of glans without any sores or pain is not really worrisome. You can get yourself tested for chlamydia,gonorrhea etc to detect any infective cause.There might be some inflammation of the urethra causing a non specific urethritis. Most cases reduce on its own and dont require treatment.Some people need antibiotics for a few days.But most important is keeping good hygiene,avoid unprotected sex,was with a antiseptic solution and after sex and urination.

If you develop burning,itching etc then you definitely need antibiotics.
As for now,just keep clean and avoid unprotected sex and see if the sensation reduces.
You can use topical treatment like 1% hydrocortisone ointment for symptomatic relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor