Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Have mild fever, nausea and lower abdominal pain. Am I having appendix problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1962
Answered : 693 Questions
temp 96.6 pain in right lower abdomen under ribs , wax and waning in severity - pressure and nasuea - I have no gallblader it was removed after XXXXXXX 131- thyroidectomy, Colonoscopy aborted three months ago because I awoke during proceedure, they were only able to see into the first part of colon and saw a possible polyp in the second stage of the scope , but the pain from the air , was excruciating and I woke up - either way I am having pain again in my right side uder the rib---- and back area. could this be apendix, physian askedmeif it had been taken out at outlast visit last month.

FYI liver hemetoma was found but hasnt grown.
Posted Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 1 hour later
I am glad that you a survivor of Thyroid cancer.
You mentioned about colon polyps found in 1997
and I am sure this recent colonoscopy was a followup
exam. I am sorry to hear that they could not sedate
you properly for the exam. With proper sedation you
should have a complete examination. Since you have
had your gallbladder removed four years ago, it is not
likely that you would experience problem related to that
surgery. Occasionally, adhesions around that area can
cause intermittent pain, almost like a pinched nerve kind.
If you had a retained stone in the bile duct, you would
have more symptoms like nausea,vomiting,fever,chills
and yellow jaundice. Acute appendicitis gives you severe
right lower quadrant abdominal pain, nausea,vomiting
along with fever. Blood count would show elevated white
blood cells and pressing on that spot would give you severe
pain, what we call "Rebound tenderness".
If you are having problem with constipation, you could have
trapped gas in the part of the colon that is under the right
rib cage called the "Hepatic Flexure" or the bend.
I am concerned about the incomplete colonoscopy.
I would urge you to get another appointment with
the gastroenterologist or a colo-rectal surgeon to have
the examination properly done.If you explain your situation
I am sure appropriate sedation under supervision can be
used to fully examine and remove any polyps.
I wish you well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor