Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Have mild fever, excessive sweating, body pain and dizziness. What is the required treatment?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5554 Questions
My wife (age 43 yrs) had a mild fever 4 days back, fever is gone but she is having excessive sweating, body pain and dizziness. She has couugh and cold.Her body temperature is normal. She is feeling weak and does not feel ant taste while eating the food. She is taking treatment from a doctor for last one week and doctor has advised blood tests
Posted Fri, 19 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 14 minutes later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
The above symptoms could occur in a person recovering from an infection. Symptoms could most likely represent a post-viral infection recovery phase.
During this period, body pain (myalgia) and fatigue are common.
Recovery usually occurs in a few days in most cases.
She could take symptomatic treatment at this stage. For fever, paracetamol 500 mg (upto 4-6 tablets in a day) may be given and for dizziness, beta histine (16 mg three times daily) may be used.
At this stage, one can wait till the reports come in, before taking any other action.
Please get back for any follow up queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor