Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have mild cp blunt angle in left lung. Done with ultra sound. No effusion. What is the reason?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2361 Questions
I suffered from TB 9 years ago. I was cured after medication. I had X-rays at periodic intervals and everytime th report was normal. now I am selected for faculty position in gulf and got myself examined. though the results from Dr Lal path is normal, the medical examiner says I have mild cp blunt angle in left lung. he got my ultrasound done but it was normal and no effusion is reported. What is the reason for cp blunt and how can I get it cured, how much time should it take?
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 41 minutes later
Hi !

Thank you for your query.

Dear sir ,

Well looking into the history you gave since your USG chest is clear that means no pleural effusion is there . It is very difficult to pinpoint one cause but we can discuss the options . The most common cause in your case can be pleural thickening which may be result of previous TB and other professional exposure . Other causes can be hyperinflated lung fields and volume loss .

If you want to rule out Tuberculosis get a TB Gold Quantiferon test done which can detect latent tuberculosis . I advise you to consult a pulmonolgist for the accurate diagnosis so that exact pathology can be diagnosed and accordingly treated . May be a HRCT chest will give the exact diagnosis .

Wish you good health.

Take care.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor