Have mild aspergers. Heard about Oxytocin. Suggest?

Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in General Health
Question: I have a 17 yr old son with mild aspergers. I have researched about oxytocin. I can find it online but do
not trust buying anything like that online. I can get it at a compounding pharmacy but need a prescription. Where would I go to get such a prescription?
OK, thanks. Presently my son takes no medications.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Oxytocin may not be that useful

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Oxytocin is not a proven molecule for aspergers disorder. Moreover you also mentioned that your son has a mild aspergers.
Aspergers disease to this date doesnt have any proven medical therapy. Its only through rigorous socia skill training the the person of aspergers can be improved.
Still if you insist that you will be needing oxytocin then you can grt a prescription from your GP. XXXXXXX being an online platform wony be able to provide ypu a prescription. Moreover such prescriptions may not be honoured.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.