Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Have migraine and pain all over body. Diagnosed with arthritis in spine. Cause and cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12628 Questions
my doc says I have arthritis in my spine.. what do you think? I have pain in my LEFT ear, shoulder, chest, side, neck ( sometimes swells) back and sometimes hip/ leg.. I also get tingling in my arm & face and I suffer from migraines. my pain is constant but sometimes worst than other times. all in my left side of my body. it hurts the most in my neck & shoulder
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The symptoms that you have could be related to a muscular pain due to poor posture, disc prolapse or spondylosis. An MRI scan of the spine will help in detecting the exact diagnosis. Vitamin D 3 deficiency and electrolyte imbalance also needs to be ruled out.
The main treatment of such problem is bed rest along with pain killers and muscle relaxants. Muscle relaxants can help with your symptoms if used in appropriate dosage in combination with a potent analgesic. You can get these prescribed from your orthopedician.
Local analgesic gels and hot fomentation may provide a short term relief. You can use analgesic gels like Volini gel. Exercise is not advisable in the times of acute pain.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have migraine and pain all over body. Diagnosed with arthritis in spine. Cause and cure? 13 hours later
I had an xray, that how my doc saw the arthritis, Is that different than a mri scan of the spine? also I am 50 lbs overweight , if I lost weight would that help?
finally should I tell my doc to check for Vitamin D 3 deficiency and electrolyte imbalance,disc prolapse or spondylosis ?
is spine arthritis the same as spondylosis.? if yes what is your recommendations?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
MRI scan is better than X-ray in detecting any nerve compression. Loosing weight will help your symptoms considerably.
Since X-ray report is suggestive of spondylosis (same as spine arthritis), further evaluation of electrolyte levels is not needed. You can go for vitamin D 3 estimation.
Get proper prescription for spondylosis from your orthopedician according to the severity of your symptoms.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor