Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have micro penis with stretched penile length. Not improved by medicine. Any hormonal remedy?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 6068 Questions
I am 30 yrs old male. I have micro penis with stretched penile length less than 4 cm. At birth, I did not have testes nor penis. At the age of 7, I was administered a 6 month dose of testosterone after which the testes descended. But the penis never grew with the stretched length less than 4 cm ever since. Is there a hormonal remedy? I am very depressed, very low self esteem and total lack of desire to live.
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
I understand you and your concerns. This is not very often, but every such patient is usually miserable. This is congenital malformation which is difficult to treat.
It is meant to be caused by low testosterone level during pregnancy.

Penile growth is completed at the end of puberty and testosterone will be helpful only till that, so provision of extra testosterone in adults produces no further growth.
You can measure your hormone levels too see is there any imbalance, and then take those which is missing. It wont be useful for penis size, but hormones are necessary for many other things in body. Even your mental and emotional state depends on it.

Have you ever considered reconstructive surgery, today many plastic surgeons and urologist do that. Usually improvement of 2-3cm can be done so you could have more pleasant intercourse. You need to be confident and tenacious, many people with this have normal life, woman and children...

Wish i ve been helpful and wish you good health...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have micro penis with stretched penile length. Not improved by medicine. Any hormonal remedy? 2 days later
Thanks doctor. I consulted a local endocrinologist and he had earlier said exactly the same as you..I suppose some are born inferior to others..truly lesser mortals..

Thanks for your time
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Yes. I know this isnt easy to deal with. Maybe it is rough to say, but everything is relative. Maybe some patient with leukemia consider your problem as a minor one...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor