Have lupus and getting vaginal infections after sex. Any cure?

Dr. Chetna Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 12 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: Hi there, i am uncircumcised and my wife gets frequent infections after sex, even though I am diligent about keeping myself clean. Is there an alternative other than circumcision that would help stop this situation from occurring? FYI: she has lupus, so a very weak immune system which I presume has some relevance in this instance.
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 2 hours later
Hi
The vaginal infections are common after sex in patients who have low immunity.
Its good to bathe daily and avoid use of antiseptic on private parts.
Please get her examined by a Gynae.
Its important to avoid oral anal or digital sex if in use.
Use of underwears after hot steam iron will prevent reinfection from it.
Ejaculation outside or use of condoms can reduce infection.
If inspite of above she gets infection its good to keep a clindamycin vaginal pessary after every sex once the infection is fully treated.
best wishes