Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have lupus and getting vaginal infections after sex. Any cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1990
Answered : 232 Questions
Hi there, i am uncircumcised and my wife gets frequent infections after sex, even though I am diligent about keeping myself clean. Is there an alternative other than circumcision that would help stop this situation from occurring? FYI: she has lupus, so a very weak immune system which I presume has some relevance in this instance.
Posted Sat, 12 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 2 hours later
The vaginal infections are common after sex in patients who have low immunity.
Its good to bathe daily and avoid use of antiseptic on private parts.
Please get her examined by a Gynae.
Its important to avoid oral anal or digital sex if in use.
Use of underwears after hot steam iron will prevent reinfection from it.
Ejaculation outside or use of condoms can reduce infection.
If inspite of above she gets infection its good to keep a clindamycin vaginal pessary after every sex once the infection is fully treated.
best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor