Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have lumps and inflammation near joints on arms phlebitis. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
I have a lot of lumps and inflammation near my joints they say on my right arm its phlebitis I had it for 7 month its getting worst
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to continue medication and find cause .

Detailed Answer:

Phlebitis is inflammation and infection of veins; you need to take medication so that it will not get aggravated.
Phlebitis is caused by local trauma to a vein[ an intravenous catheter] However, phlebitis can also occur due to a complication of connective tissue disorders such as lupus, or of pancreatic, breast, or ovarian cancers. Phlebitis can also result from certain medications and drugs that irritate the veins.
Usually this can happen due to low immunity also.

Treatment usually consists of NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, and local compression (e.g., by compression stockings or a compress). If the phlebitis is associated with local bacterial infection, antibiotics may be used.

I will advise to do some investigation like ultrasound and venous Doppler. Complete blood profile.
Add tab methylcobal 1500 once day and tab evion 400 once a day.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor