Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Have lump outside vagina. Hurts to touch. Any solution to cure this?

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
Hi. I have a lump outside my vagina. It is pressing on my leg sometimes. It now has a purple head. It hurts when I touch it or it accidentally presses on my leg. I have had it less than a week.
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 13 minutes later

Thanks for posting and welcome to XXXXXXX
Now per your description you are more likely having a developing abscess which within a couple of days will probably collect pus and will need to be excised and drained by a surgeon. Antibiotics will be required as it is usually caused by a bacteria or group of bacteria. Consulting with a gynobs could be additional benefit. Given that I could not take a look at the lump, it is important that I mention the fact that your lump could be due to a vaginal cyst, genital wart or a polyp.
Use pain killers if there is pain. Consult with a proper treatment.

Hope this was useful
Dr Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor