Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have lump on side of buttock crack, bleeding, pus discharge. What can I put on it to heal it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 624 Questions
Hi. I had a little lump on the side of my butt crack. Looks like the lump is gone now but it
Has been bleeding and pus coming out. What can I put on it to heel it
Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

It cab be an abscess, infected cyst etc.

Just putting any thing on out side of it may not heel it.

It may require cleaning with savlon from inside also, and then dressing with ointment like soframycin skin oint.

A course of antibiotic will help it to heel faster.

It will be better to consult a general Surgeon, get it examined and treatment.

With good wishes,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor