Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Have lump on hand and legs. How to remove this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 988 Questions
there is lump on my hand and legs, is there any solution?
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 3 hours later

Thank you for posting the query & the pictures,

The picture is pretty clear that this condition what you are suffering from is known as Lipoma.

This is a benign condition wherein lumps or cysts are formed with in the fat layer of the skin.To confirm this condition you can try pinch your skin just above the lump.You would be easily able to pinch the skin and the fat lump would lay behind.

Very rarely these lumps would pain and then that condition is known as Dercums disease .The pain is due to pressure on the nerves.

There is no medical treatment for the two conditions .Surgical removal is the only option for cosmetic reasons or if the pain is very sever .Usually doctors avoid doing any surgeries on this until it is very painful (rare).

Recently there has been trials for some injections to dissolve the fat with in .But how effective it is is yet to be known.

I would advice you to consult a dermatologist and discuss the various options.

As such the condition is benign and does not lead to any disease condition.

Hope I've answered your query.

Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.


Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor