Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Have lump in pubic area. Feels like ball moving. Sometimes painful. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
I have this lump in my pubic area that comes and goes and when I push on it , it feels like a ball moving around under my skin and is sometimes painful when I push on it. What could this be?
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry. Most likely a lipoma.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query.

From your description I suspect that you might be having a small lipoma (a lump of fat under the skin).

I can reassure you that this is a benign condition and does not require any treatment or any followup. These are harmless little things that just happen to be there doing nothing.

As for the pain, of course you will have some pain when try to push it, because there is a bone under the pubic area against which this lump gets pushed and that causes the pain, I would advice you not to push it.

If you are worried about it, you may visit a surgeon and get it removed for your peace of mind and for cosmetic reasons if you feel so.

Relax and just forget about it.

You are most welcome to ask me if you have any doubts or more questions.

Wishing you a happy life.

Warm regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor