Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Have lump below the clitoris in the labia minora, tender to touch. What could it be?

Mar 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5973 Questions
I have a lump right below the clitoris in the labia minora on the right dide. Tender to the touch and the same color as the surrounding skin. Thought it could b e s bartholin issue but its too high. ..any thoughts?
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us.
The lump you describe sounds very much like a Bartholin's cyst.
It occurs medial to the labia minora, and can be situated high up abutting the clitoral area too.
Of course, a differential diagnosis ( other possibilities ) include -
1. Other inclusion cysts of the vulva.
2. Infected sebaceous cyst
3. Lipoma , fibroma etc ( benign swellings of the tissues within ).
However, the commonest possibility is a bartholin's cyst again.
Please visit a gynecologist anyhow to confirm and treat the same.
Take care, and feel free to discuss further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor