Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Have lumbar disc prolapse in L 4 & L 5 section. Getting pain when walking. Can it be cured by taking calcium ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 116 Questions
I have lumbar disc prolapse in L 4 & L 5 sections. Now I'm on exercise. The problem is continuing since last one year. While walking I feel pain on the right side from heap to foot. Can it be cured by taking some calcium ? My e-mail address YYYY@YYYY .
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 42 minutes later

Thanks for query.

You have L4,5 disc prolapse .There is pain on right side .

Continue back extension exercises. Always sit supported. Never bend forward. Reduce weight if it is extra. These maneuvers may help in your pain reduction.Taking Calcium does not cure the condition.

If this fails, you may consult neuro or spine surgeon and discuss about the option of local epidural steroid injection. Do not worry, if all fails, surgery is always safe answer in such cases.

Hope that answers your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor