Have lower leg edema. Could it be related to diabetes? Suggest some antibiotic

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Diabetes
Question: have lower leg edema,maybe diabetes related looking for antibiotic-i have no allergens
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later
Given your complaints, we would need to rule out XXXXXXX venous thrombosis and cellulitis. In order for me to help you better, I would need a little more information.
a. Are the legs warm and red? The swelling involves one or both legs?
b. Does walking or bending your foot hurt?
c. What is your current blood sugar level? What is the medication you're taking?
d. Has an evaluation been done for any kidney or liver issues?
e. Are there any ulcers that you can see on your feet?

Once we have the answers, I would be in a position to guide you better. In the mean time keep limbs elevated.

With Regards.

Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli