Have lower back pain, tingling in buttocks and pins and needles in feet. Looking for relief
I have had some dull lower back pain from time to time and recently changed my excercise regime from running on a treadmill to riding an excercise bike. Over a period of time this has resulted in a numbing sensation at my tail through to my testicles. This has usually gone away half hour after the ride.
Ovre Christmas I have developed a permanetly tingling bum whcih feels unsual when wiping myself. I have pins and needles in feet too. This has been steady now for around a week and is particuarly noticible when drying myself in a standing position after a bath.
Thanks for writing your query.
I went through the details submitted with diligence. Numbness / tingling in your buttocks and pins-needles in your feet can be related to low back ache.
Lumbar disc herniations can cause low back ache as well as sensory and neurological complaints along the spinal nerves involved in the herniation. You would need a MRI scan of lower back to confirm the status of lumbar disc.
I am not sure if scans were done; you haven't mentioned any such details. If scans are not done, I would suggest getting it done at the earliest.
A competent spine surgeon can evaluate you and help you get the MRI scan done at the earliest. Treatment can be planned accordingly.
Hope this answers your query. Please revert to me if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Eye twitching pins and needles back pain
- Back pain burning and tingling dizziness and fatigue reason
- Severe back pain post masturbation with tingling reason
- Back pain pins and needles
- Back pain pins and needles in limbs earaches
- Tingling lips and back pain
- Have lower back pain tingling in leg shoulder pain help
- Lower back pain and weakness pins needles down left leg
- Lower back pain no tingling limbs pain when straightening help
- Back pain with tingling in head