Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Have lower back pain, frequent urination, headache and feeling tired. How to get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 322 Questions
I have lower back pain, frequent urination, headache, tired, and hurts to touch lower left side of back. Almost feels like its bruised, but no bruise there. I have also been feeling dizzy every so often, especially when standing up from sitting and occasional tingling in hands.
Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to us.
It seems you have generalised weakness. If you feel tired all the time with frequent urination first thing, need to check your blood sugar level. I would suggest that you get a complete metabolic profile and thyroid function tests to know if anything wrong going on.
Regarding back pain, it could be a simple muscle ache or may be disc degeneration. Need to get spine X-rays as well. There is some more information that I need from you:
a. Do you get pain in the night also?
b. Do you get a good sleep at night?
c. Do you have any leg pain?
We will be able to discuss this better once I have this information.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have lower back pain, frequent urination, headache and feeling tired. How to get relief? 1 hour later
I do wake up with pain in the left side of my back and sometimes down the front of my left leg. I also have painful sex and abnormal period. I usually get at least 8hrs off sleep, but lately feel tired as soon as I wake and feel like I always need a nap.
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 9 hours later

Thanks for the information.

Based on the details provided, I would suggest to get the spine X-rays and other investigations as discussed above.

Sometimes symptoms of spine issues considerably overlap with mental tiredness or depression. I wonder if you are depressed too. That being said, I think right now you need to be investigation to rule out serious medical problems as mentioned in my earlier reply. Treatment can be planned based on the results. Therefore I encourage you to visit an orthopedic - he/she can tailor the investigation process.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor