Have lower back pain, frequent urination, headache and feeling tired. How to get relief?

Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari

Spine Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Back Pain
Question: I have lower back pain, frequent urination, headache, tired, and hurts to touch lower left side of back. Almost feels like its bruised, but no bruise there. I have also been feeling dizzy every so often, especially when standing up from sitting and occasional tingling in hands.
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
It seems you have generalised weakness. If you feel tired all the time with frequent urination first thing, need to check your blood sugar level. I would suggest that you get a complete metabolic profile and thyroid function tests to know if anything wrong going on.
Regarding back pain, it could be a simple muscle ache or may be disc degeneration. Need to get spine X-rays as well. There is some more information that I need from you:
a. Do you get pain in the night also?
b. Do you get a good sleep at night?
c. Do you have any leg pain?
We will be able to discuss this better once I have this information.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
I do wake up with pain in the left side of my back and sometimes down the front of my left leg. I also have painful sex and abnormal period. I usually get at least 8hrs off sleep, but lately feel tired as soon as I wake and feel like I always need a nap.
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 9 hours later

Thanks for the information.

Based on the details provided, I would suggest to get the spine X-rays and other investigations as discussed above.

Sometimes symptoms of spine issues considerably overlap with mental tiredness or depression. I wonder if you are depressed too. That being said, I think right now you need to be investigation to rule out serious medical problems as mentioned in my earlier reply. Treatment can be planned based on the results. Therefore I encourage you to visit an orthopedic - he/she can tailor the investigation process.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad