Have lower abdominal pain, foamy urine, strong-smelling urine, night sweats, infrequency of urination
Thanks for writing your query to us.
All complaints which you had mentioned are common symptoms so don’t get panic. Foamy & strong smelling urine can occur due to various causes. We need to find the exact cause.
1. Rapid urination introduces air and bubbles into the urine stream. When the bladder is full and stretched to capacity, the bladder will contract forcefully and the urine hits the toilet bowel rapidly and generates foam.
2. Mild dehydration, such as exercise, causes the urine to appear darker and more concentrated. This often results in foamy appearing urine. Rehydrate and drink plenty of fluids and the problem gets solved.
3. A variety of chemicals in toilet cleaners cause foamy urine to appear. Urinate in a sterile container and if no foam appears, the chemical in the toilet is the culprit.
4. Medications can also cause this to occur and the medical term is retrograde ejaculation.The semen is passed into urine.
5. Abnormal causes can be due to protein in urine. High blood pressure and diabetes are the two most common medical conditions that damage the kidneys filtering ability and cause proteinuria. So get your sugar levels checked.
6. Urinary tract infection- As bacteria enter the bladder and multiply, infectious symptoms occur such as burning with urination, frequency and urgency, foamy appearing urine.
I would suggest you that you get Urine routine & microscopy examination done so that any abnormality can be detected. Also check your sugar levels whether they are in normal range. You might have developed a urinary tract infection, which will be confirmed after the urine test. In the mean while you can drink plenty of oral fluids.
I hope I have answered your query. In case you have any further query, I will be happy to help you. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dark urine and lower abdominal pain
- Strong smelling urine and chest pains
- Strong smelling urine and burping
- Cause of strong smell urine
- Implanon strong smelling urine
- Urinating a lot and lower abdominal pain
- Lower abdominal pain and yellowish urine
- Neck pain strong smelling urine
- Reasons for strong smelling urine
- Lower abdominal pain prior to urination