Owl Image

Have low vision. Done with retina scanning. Any treatment to fix it?

Ophthalmologist
Question
od is sph -3.50 cyl +2.25 axis 105
os is spy -4.00 cyl +2.75 axis 130
im trying to fix left for distance and clarity at night time driving I have macular degradation treated and stable scaring of retina and macula I ve had low vision evacuations getting very close I drive people that requires life saving task for people the right eye is great but it is 20/100 and left is 20/50+ should cyl or sphere or axis be changed to see white striping at night time long distance I very close or do I have to stop helping people iI have a follow up thur I want to keep helping others i ve been fighting this for 30 years what should be done correctly.
I have toxoplasmosis Chorioretinitis anywhere that you know of that is working on this on a correction permeant fix and what area of study is promising. people are depending on me to keep driving them for there medical treatments.
Tue, 12 Feb 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 13 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
with macular degeneration and Toxoplasmosis you are having very good workable vision,and it is very good that you are able to help others.
Since driving requires more of peripheral vision also,which is un affected by central visual loss of macular degeneration you are able to drive with some difficulty,which hopefully you will continue to do.
Since your macular degeneration is stable there is not much that you can do for tt
You can have anti oxidants and have regular check ups to take care of any further developments if they occur.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.