Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

189 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have low sperm count and low motility. Will maxoza and clofert helps to improve the condition?

Answered by
Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Practicing since :2000

Answered : 3768 Questions

Posted on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Infertility Problem
Question: iam consuming Maxoza powder and addyzoa capsules and clofert tablets for my low sperm count and for the low motility. i am also taking zyloric 100mg for my uric acid. will the zyloric leads to low sperm count? and are these Maxoza, addyzoa,clofert will increase my sperm count as well as motility rate?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 54 minutes later
Hi, thanks for your query. I read your problem & I understand your concerns. I would like to address your concerns in detail. Before that i want to have detailed report of your semen analysis and how long you have been taking the treatment. I would also lime know how long you have been trying for pregnancy and what is age of you and your wife. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility specialist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 23 hours later
I have been trying for the pregnacy since last 11months i.e. since january. in the month of march when i did the semen test i realised that my semen count was low at 17million/ml . i did the second test in XXXXXXX and the count was 10million/ml. Then i visited a doctor, and he prescribed me with sephene m 25mg for 3mths and i did the semen test in the month of september and the count was 14millions/m. after that, since in the moth of october i started taking Addyzoa 25mg, 2 twice daily, clofert 1daily, mazoxa5mg twice daily. i did the semen test in mid october and the count was 58million/ml. My wife is 29yrs 9mths old, weighing 100kg. I am 30yrs3mths old weighing 85kg. I like to ask you whether these edication will help me. hoping you wil suggest me with the positive answer at the earliest. to be a father. thanking you.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 48 minutes later

Thanks for reply. Read my following advice carefully as there are many issues here:

1) Important point is body weight. Your wife seems to be obese and you also seem to be overweight ( As per your heights i guess). Obesity especially especially in women is associated with infertility and abortions. Hence, i advice both of you to veisit a dietician and gym instructor to loose weight. Even 5 % reducation in weight increases chance of pregnancy.

2) Your sperm count was between 10 to 17 million which has improved to 58 million. This is good improvement with medicines ( provided both semen tests are from same laboratory). Hence I request you to repeat the test from a standard laboratory which gives accurate results.

3) Please get HSG test to check fallopian tubes of your wife. Please get TSH, FSH and AMH hormones test for your wife in an infertility clinic.

4) Since you are completing one year of married life, get above tests and go for IUI ( intrauterine insemination) treatment which is next step. Please see an Infertility specialist for the same.

5) Meanwhile you continue with your medications to improve sperm count as they are showing improved result.

I hope I answered your query.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Medical Procedures ,  
Lab Tests