Have low grade fever, body pain and loss of appetite. Looking for treatment

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in General Health
Question: my daughter is 10 years old, has a low grade fever for the past 3 weeks and body pain, with little appetite to eat
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 11 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

The most likely cause for your daughter's illness is viral fever. Sometimes, it may take a while before it resolves. Body pain and lack of appetite are part of this illness.

At the same time, if fever is not subsiding, it may be worthwhile investigating for other causes of fever, such as typhoid, etc.

For symptom relief, you can use paracetamol tablets round the clock (4 times a day). I am sure she would recover fast.

Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM