Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Have low appetite, feeling fatigue, pain under rib cage, back and groin area. Have digestion problem. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
Hello, I am having pain in my left side near under rib cage, also back. Also varies sometimes in groin area. Only able to eat very small amounts of food. Totally fatigued a lot of the time. I have a gastric emptying problems that causes my blood glucose to go either high or low.

Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

Back pain, upper left pain and groin pain can be caused by urinary tract stones and does not have to be related with your stomach disease.
With urinary tract disease you should notice frequent urinating and burning while urinating. Also fever can be present. Stones gives sudden pain, infection more constant and less intense pain.
Of course your gastric problem can cause upper abdominal pain as well. As you have severe emptying problem, you are more prone to chronic stomach inflammation, what can lead to stomach cancer. That is why you should have it checked as well.
Pain in the left upper abdomen can be also sometimes caused by large intestine diverticles. This disease is caused by chronic constipation.
Groin pain should be also checked with inguinal hernia. Especially if the pain appears while standing, coughing or lifting heavy objects and/or any lump in the groin is present.

I suggest you to have some tests performed. You should start with abdominal ultrasound, blood work and urine analysis. Upper GI endoscopy seems also strongly advisable. Your groin area should be examined by a surgeon and if any doubts, ultrasound of this region should be done.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor