Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Have lost smell and taste. What is the cure?

Sep 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6271 Questions
I have lost smell and taste since several years back ( Anosmia ) and I am wondering if there is a cure Medical history - User selected: Brain and Spine. Please note that I, as a user, have never mentioned Category Brain and Spine, which I feel has nothing to do with Anosmia
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Anosmia &Ageusia treatment. Detailed Answer: Hello, XXXXX. Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum. As you mentioned that your are having these problems from many years . Your age is 79 years . There is no proven treatment for ANOSMIA after the age of 60 years. Zinc & Vitamin (especially with vitamin A )therapy are advocated by some, but no scientific proof. Taste i.e. disturbance of the sense of taste may be categorized as total ageusia . No effective treatment is available for total ageusia. No effective therapies exist for the sensorineural disorders for taste. Hope this information will help you. Good luck for you. Dr. HET
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor