Have lost smell and taste. What is the cure?

Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi

Posted on Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have lost smell and taste since several years back ( Anosmia ) and I am wondering if there is a cure Medical history - User selected: Brain and Spine. Please note that I, as a user, have never mentioned Category Brain and Spine, which I feel has nothing to do with Anosmia
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Anosmia &Ageusia treatment. Detailed Answer: Hello, XXXXX. Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum. As you mentioned that your are having these problems from many years . Your age is 79 years . There is no proven treatment for ANOSMIA after the age of 60 years. Zinc & Vitamin (especially with vitamin A )therapy are advocated by some, but no scientific proof. Taste i.e. disturbance of the sense of taste may be categorized as total ageusia . No effective treatment is available for total ageusia. No effective therapies exist for the sensorineural disorders for taste. Hope this information will help you. Good luck for you. Dr. HET
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T