Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Have long-standing genital herpes. Done blood test. What should I do to get normal results?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 540 Questions
I have a genital herpes for past 10 years.??
age 37 years male
I have a recent pathology report.
WCC 14.9* X10-9/L (3.7-9.5...Reference)
White blood cell differential
Neutrophyil within reference range
Lymphocyte 31% 4.7* x 10-9/L (1.0-4.0) (out of range)
Monocyte 19.5% 2.9* x 10-9/L (0.2-1.0) (out of range)
Eosinophil with reference range
Pathology report comment: Leucocytosis with lymphocytosis and monocytosis. red cells and platelets appear normal.

I want to be fit for next pathology report.

what should i do to get the above in normal range and how long should i take before next blood test.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 10 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I realize your Genital herpes is certainly long standing, but you would need to elaborate on the medical management undertaken in those 10 years. And what is the latest clinical examination findings/ latest doctor's impression about the lesions of the same. - I could then explain you the possible time frame of your doubts expressed in those blood tests. (Enumerate all the drugs/duration taken/treatments whether singly or repeated etc)

Grossly speaking, the elevated counts of lymphocytes, monocytes and leucocytes are medically in line with the infection you have, and viral herpes is a noted chronic infection that takes years for a complete revert back, even laboratory wise.

Usually, clinical signs manifest a certain load with Herpes, but the peculiarity with Herpes is - it is a dreaded virus infection which is known to lay latent/hidden without any clinical signs for years and may sometimes manifest clinically yet again after a long hiatus, if the immunity of patient comes down.

I would have to determine the gravity of your case, in order to comment further about the possibility of the levels coming down.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor