Have liquid filled rashes all over body. How to get cured?

Dr. Sudhir

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Question: Hi, I have very dry itchy skin for 3 weeks. I couldn't sleep these days cuz I couldn't help scratching my body. Right now, rashes have clear liquid coming out the whole day.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 45 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

Such rashes can be due to focal infections, allergies or autoimmune disorders. Most rashes are self limiting and heal on their own; but since rashes have lasted for three weeks and is weeping clear fluid, it needs medication attention. There is a possibility of secondary infection. You need to see doctor for this.

Meanwhile you can try oral antihistamines such as Benadryl; this will reduce your itching and help you sleep. Also start using local antibiotic cream which is available over the counter to prevent other infections. You may clean the discharge with a clean and moist cloth; avoid handling the lesions with bare fingers or other by other septic means.

Watch out for pus discharge and if there is significant pus discharge then you might need oral antibiotics.

Do consider visiting your doctor/dermatologist at the earliest to get clinical evaluation done so that more appropriate treatment can be planned.

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to ask if there are doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad