Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Have liquid filled rashes all over body. How to get cured?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
Hi, I have very dry itchy skin for 3 weeks. I couldn't sleep these days cuz I couldn't help scratching my body. Right now, rashes have clear liquid coming out the whole day.
Posted Sat, 8 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 45 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

Such rashes can be due to focal infections, allergies or autoimmune disorders. Most rashes are self limiting and heal on their own; but since rashes have lasted for three weeks and is weeping clear fluid, it needs medication attention. There is a possibility of secondary infection. You need to see doctor for this.

Meanwhile you can try oral antihistamines such as Benadryl; this will reduce your itching and help you sleep. Also start using local antibiotic cream which is available over the counter to prevent other infections. You may clean the discharge with a clean and moist cloth; avoid handling the lesions with bare fingers or other by other septic means.

Watch out for pus discharge and if there is significant pus discharge then you might need oral antibiotics.

Do consider visiting your doctor/dermatologist at the earliest to get clinical evaluation done so that more appropriate treatment can be planned.

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to ask if there are doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor