Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Have liquid filled lump on stomach near belly button. What is it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 2190 Questions
have a liquid lump om my stomach near belly button what is it ??
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Please provide the following clarifications:

- How long have you been having the swelling?
- Was the onset sudden or gradual?
- Is it progressive?
- What is the size of the swelling?
- Are the edges well-defined or indistict?
- Does the swelling increase in size on coughing or straining and disappear at certain times (like pushing it in or lying down flat)?
- Is it painful?
- Are there any any skin changes - redness, warmth, discolouration, presence of a punctum (i.e. a small central opening or depression)?
- Have you had similar swellings before?
- Do you suffer from any previous medical disorders?

Please get back to me with these details so that I can guide you better.
(You can copy and paste these questions and write your answers next to each question)

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor