Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have light brown patches in pubic area. How to get rid of it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 345 Questions
I have light brown patches of skin in my pubic area they are flaky as well. How can I get rid of them?
Posted Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us.

I will be glad to be of assistance and I will try my best to answer your queries until you get a satisfactory answer.

I would like to request you to take a photograph of the lesions and post them here so I can have a look and opine regarding them. You have a feature to upload the image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. If you are not able to upload, you may also send it to YYYY@YYYY , with subject as 'ATTN: Dr. Kruti'.

Awaiting your response...

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have light brown patches in pubic area. How to get rid of it? 10 hours later
I sent the picture I'm concerned about stds as my ex boyfriend waqs cheating on me.
Answered by Dr. Kruti 20 hours later

Thanks for your reply.

I reviewed the picture. You have a condition called pityriasis versicolor.

Its a superficial fungal infection of the skin.

Its not a std.

It happens due to accumulation of sweat. Also due to heat and humidity.

I would recommend that you apply terbinafine cream on it twice a day for two weeks.

The fungus will be eliminated however it takes 6 weeks for the skin to regain normal colour.

There is nothing to worry. It will surely resolve.

Please let me know if I can address any other concern for you.

Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have light brown patches in pubic area. How to get rid of it? 5 hours later
Thank you so much for your help. I've been so embarrassed.I am not familiar with the medication you suggested, terbinafine, do you know what the equalivant is in the US?

Thank you again! XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kruti 15 hours later

Thanks for replying.

Terbinafine is known as lamisil cream in USA.

Its available over the counter.


Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor