Have less ejaculation due to masturbation. How to impregnate my wife?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Men's Health
Question: hi sir im XXXXXXX my problem is regarding fertility. i got married for he past two years still now we have children. my problem is i have been masturbating since when i was at the age of thirteen and daily i use to masturbate two to three times a day. now im visualizing that my discharge does have less semen. it seems i have less sperm count. my question is can my sperm count an increase so that i can make my wife conceive for children.
what should be my life style so that my sperm count can increase
what should be my diet which help in sperm count

i am a person who some times consume alcohol in party
i do maintan good physic i run 05 km daily and daily play sports.
is it possible can we increase sperm count less to healthy sperm count
please advice how to incresase my sperm count
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 48 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

Look, macroscopically, we cannot detect the sperm count. Sperm is a microscopical finding. Macroscopically, we see the consistency. Sometimes, consistency of sperm may get decreased due to increased number of ejaculation. Masturbation is a physiological thing. Generally, it does not cause any harmful effect.

So, before doing anything, you should do a semen analysis test. For this test, 3 days of abstinence from intercourse, masturbation is required for appropriate result.

If the report indicates low sperm count, then, you should be treated for that.

Now, I am giving the answers of your queries.

1.     Only, the semen analysis report can tell, whether you are able to have children.
2.     Avoid alcohol intake. Continue the physical activity.
3.     Take balanced nutritious diet. Take plenty of fresh fruits. They contains antioxidant agents which are very much helpful in increasing the sperm count and morphology.
4.     You can take a multivitamin agent and an antioxidant agent separately. They are very helpful. Vitamin E can also be considered. But after semen analysis report the treatment should be done according to the report.

Lastly, if the semen analysis report becomes abnormal, you can consult with an infertility specialist for further management.

Hope, this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Das Arindam 22 hours later
can u suggest me what type of nutritious diet should i go
bcoz im very weak in diet i just keep my self happy with maggii other fast food items
what type of fruits should i take to keep my body healthy and can produce antioxidants and multivitamin.

plz suggest me so that i can continue
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 38 minutes later
Thank you for following up.

Look, you have to stop taking fast foods only. They are not nutritious. You have to take some XXXXXXX leafy vegetables regularly.

In fruits, you can take any seasonal fresh fruits. But oranges are richest source of vitamin C which is very important for immunity and acts as an antioxidant also.

If you need a detailed diet chart starting from breakfast to the dinner, you have to consult a dietician in person.

Hope, you have your answers.

Regards.