Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have less beard and moustache growth. Is there any cure in homeopathy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
Im 23 yr old... I have less beard and moustache growth... I heard it can be cured with homeopathy treatment ... can u please suggest me what should I do
Posted Sat, 8 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 24 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

Growth of beard and mustache are genetically controlled and you cannot alter it by treatments. No homeopathy product can help you with this. In fact you should be aware of any such product, as it can be fake or part of scam. Only option which can achieve good result in my opinion is hair implantation. But again it is a just cosmetic procedure and costly as well.

Another important treatable cause of altered growth of mustache and beard hair is endocrinal/hormonal issue. In these cases along with altered hair growth there are many signs, which can help doctor to predict possibility of hormonal imbalance. To rule out this possibility you should consider getting a clinical evaluation and few hormonal blood tests done. After physical examination doctor can go ahead with tests if they seem necessary.

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to ask if there are doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor