Have left ovary removed, cystic multiple septated area on right ovary. Suggested to remove ovary and uterus. Necessary?
Thanks for posting your query.
Your gynecologist is very right in her advise and as a layman you have also every right for doubt.
You have a tendency of neoplasms, earlier the ovary was removed for persistent cyst and now again another ovary with similar issue.
Because the ovary can not be kept in with such a growth, because it can turn malignant, can get torsion and become gangrenous and can lead to life threatening sequelae. In any case your menopause is also round the corner.
The uterus is also now a nonfunctional organ and may cause unnecessary troubles and is very accessible and can be easily removed so in cases like yours the surgical choice to remove the uterus and ovaries en masse is the gold standard recommendation and should be followed as such.
The ultrasound report is not suggestive of cancer but of an aggressive type of cyst which is having erratic blood supply and can eat surrounding structures.
The CA-125 negativity indicates that the present tumor is not ovarian carcinoma but it's behavior is harbinger of XXXXXXX turn in future and early intervention is highly advisable.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
I have another question: Would it be bad if I waited a month before having surgery? And If my ovary were to get significantly better in a few weeks, do you think I would still need the surgery?
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The cyst is heterogenous with fluid and degenerative changes within.
Such neoplasms do not usually regress rather they can bring unforeseen complications if left unattended.
You should not take this risk, these tumors can rupture, get torsion and become gangrenous or may turn malignant.
It is worthwhile to be proactive for surgical management than to postpone it.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Safe to remove uterus and ovaries
- Precautions after uterus and ovaries removal
- Fluid around uterus and ovaries
- Uterus and ovaries transplantation
- Removal of ovaries but not uterus
- Ovary adherent to uterus
- Uterus removal without removing ovaries
- Tumors in ovary and uterus
- Treatment for ovary adherent to uterus
- Left ovary removed
- Suffered from bulimia. Ultrasound showed thin endometrial lining. Is...
- Vaginal culture showed klebsiella pneumoniae in vagina. Is this dangerous?
- I am planning to concieve. Taking folvite tablets. Started getting cold....
- Joint pain, muscle twitch, feeling cold, weight gain, mood swings,...
- What will happen if tryptomer 25 mg and capit 100 pills are taken at the...
- Feeling faint, dizziness, lower abdominal pain, lower back pain, spinal...
- Am pregnant. History of abortion. Done TIFFA scan. Would like to know...
- Have irregular periods, taking Metformin, Thyronorm and Ova care. Scan...
- Could I be pregnant if I had sex around my menstrual cycle?
- Prescribed Metformin for PCOS. Done blood test. Is the result enough to...