Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Have large red spot on back of leg. Feels tender. Should I see a doctor?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9332 Questions
I have a large red spot on the back of my leg and it's tender but when I walk it doesn't hurt. Should call a doctor?
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.
It doesnt sound like some emergency unless there is pus secretion,constant leg pain, numbness in leg or inability to move ankle on this side. So at this point i dont think you should call a doctor.
It may be allergic reaction,hematoma, insect bite or local skin infection and most of these pass spontaneously in few days. Just keep it clean and dont scratch it. Although,if redness progresses or fever and those signs I ve mentioned occur,you should see doctor because some medicines and creams may be necessary.
Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor