Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Have large red bump on buttocks. Started bleeding after putting gause on it. Looking for home treatment

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
I had a large red bump that was hard on my right buttocks, the middle turned into a blister. I placed gauze over it and the blister came off and bled for a few minutes. It didn't look like pusy blood, more like nose bleed blood. I can feel some what of a small hole. I don't have health insurance and was hoping to treat it from home.
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 41 minutes later
Hi ,

Thanks for writing in.

It can be furuncle, folliculitis, sinus formation, sebaceous cyst , granuloma pyogenicum

You can apply a good over the counter antibiotic like neosporin or soframycin over the area twice daily.Keep the area clean by washing it with soap and water.Then apply antibiotic cream and cover the area with gauze.

Also you can do hot compresses over the area twice daily.

If you can upload the photos of the affected area ,it would be good to predict the condition.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.” Alternatively, you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with subject as “Attention to Dr. Sudarshan”.

Anticipating your reply.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor