Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Have large indent in lower back, pain in groin area and breathing difficulty. Looking for cure

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
have fairly large indent in lower back have had 2 massage therapy sessions with therapist, groin pain that seems to affect walking when getting up from sitting or laying down position have difficulty walking with cane seens to help pressure on leg I take ibeprohene but have to be careful because I also take cumidin
I do have RLS which is very uncomfortable when at rest, meaning I do not sit long I mostly stand I take the generic mirapex, cumidin and a high blood pressure pill I also take 1000mg vitamin D I have had pressure upper chest with some difficulty breathing, I have had 3 blood clots after 3 surgeries one on each foot and one hiatal hernia
Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms can be caused by inguinal hernia, hip fracture (can be without trauma), veins problems or spine diseases.
If it is inguinal hernia, pain should aggravate when coughing or pushing abdominal cavity. There can be some soft and movable tumor palpated when standing.
If it is hip fracture the pain should aggravate when moving the leg. Such fracture can be almost painless as well.
If veins problems are the reason, the leg should be painful, swelled, and warmer than the other one. The calf should be very painful when pressing.
If the problem are arteries, the leg should be cold, pale with parenthesis and pain especially when walking.
If the problem is spine, the pain should radiate downward to the foot.
It is advisable for you to have hip X-ray, spine MRI, groin ultrasound. If you find the problem are vessels Doppler ultrasound is advisable.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor