Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Have large hole in labia. Getting severe pain. Taking clonzapam and dyclovinex. How to cure this?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 262 Questions
hi, i have a large hole in my bigger labia that was left by the dr. that delivered my son 2 months ago, it still hurts terribly bad, i have alot of trouble even playing with my toddler, i cant have sex with my fiance & it is causing me extreme pain,, the hole is large enough that i can stick my pinky finger through it & out the other side. i was afraid to go back to the dr. that did this to me ,so 2 days ago i made an apt with my general practitioner. i told him what occurred,showed him,(i had split side to side delivering my son two months ago & i was not givin an epesiotomy) where it was, because he was just out of school & had no experiance in this.the attending physician was not in the room with him. & he said he had never seen anything like it before, so he ask what the dr. at the time of my sons birth gave me as a pain reducer, i said percocet, & i told him i had whole bottles they had prescribed me after the initial 12 percocets the hospital sent me home with after his birth,such as motrin,& tylonal /codiene. & so he prescribed me dyclovinec which i tryed for a day & a half & he had said to call back if it didn't work,which i did yesterday & i was told they would not prescribe me the percocet even tho i have an apt in two weeks to seen an actual gynocologist for this, i only wanted the pain eleviated till i went to that apt which they gave me the referl for. i am on 0.5 mil of clonzapam 3 times a day as needed,& somedays i don't need it at all.they r claiming they wont perscribe it because of the clonzapam & because it did not seem serious to the doctor just out of school, whom only consulted with the attending physician not in my presence. i truely tryed to express my pain tohim, & to no avail.i need a heavier pain med than this dyclovinex/ibprophen. please tell me what they should have givin me & if they have treated me with disregard & or negligence.
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Balaji Chinnasami 5 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Probably you are having a labial tear that needs reconstructive surgery. Medications are not going to cure your problem. All you need is surgical correction. I am glad that you are going in the right direction by having an appointment with gynecologist in two weeks.

Dyclovinex/Ibuprofen is also good pain medications and should be good enough to take care of the pain due to labial tear. Percocet is an opiod and excess usage of it will lead to addiction and drug abuse.

If you are craving to have percocet, it means you are slowly getting to abuse opiods and getting away from it will be another big challenge. I do accept that your labial tear is causing pain but taking strong pain killers for months together will lead to even more serious addiction problem. I would say that not getting gynecologist appointment in a short span is the main problem rather than the doctor not prescribing percocet.

Don't worry; you belong to a club of number of women suffering from labial tear. Needs reconstruction. Till then avoid activities aggravating pain. Perineal lotions if purchasable or plain paraffin lotion will help.

If you have any further queries I am happy to help or else please lock the question.

Take care.

Dr. Balaji Chinnasami
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have large hole in labia. Getting severe pain. Taking clonzapam and dyclovinex. How to cure this? 7 hours later
dr. maybe we had a misunderstanding, i was only givin 12 percocets when i left the hospital after delivery. which i took one every day in the morning when the pain was at its worse. the bottles of pills i have at home are not percocets, they are motrin,tylonal 3's, & dyclovinec, they are only missing 3 or so out of each bottle, i try them ,& if they don't work i don't take them anymore. i've only ever had percocet 2 other times in my 35 years, oncewas from a dentist when he had to cut out 3 of my wisdom teeth,that was 5 years ago. that was a one time thing. & once when i had a severe absess in my gums& a terrible aching cavity at the same time,that was at the E.R. & they gave me a perscription for 8 of them. inno way do i crave pain medication. I am not, nor have i ever been any kind of drug addict. my medical records show this is the truth.the doctors know this .i can be tested anytime they want ,if they wanted to. you will find no drugs in my system,nor will you find any type of drug blocker. i am the mother of two wonderful kids, my father -n-law is a highly respected doctor,& my brother in law is a pharmacist. they know the type of pain i am in & recommended i see the doctor for a referel & a stronger medication than the useless medication i had at home. i understand that it may not seem like a painful thing to have a nickel sized hole in your labia, that throbs,itchs,burns & hurts like heck to a man,but it does. i do not have the time to waste going to the doctor for no reason. i do not see my father in law as my dr.because its to emmbarasing. now why if they know i'm not on drugs & that i am in real pain would they not perscribe a higher dose mediciene to me? THEY ask ME what mediciene the hospital gave me upon my release, i certainly did not suggest percocet to them! the doctor told me he was going to prescribe it to me, & left the room to talk to the attending physician & came back & told me he wasn't going to prescribe it . & he was also the one who asked me if the percocet alieviated my pain after my sons birth & i said yes. so once again why wasn't it prescribed to me when i am in so much pain & have the earliest available appointment with a gynocologist i could get, with they're referal of course.please answer with all these FACTS in mind.
Answered by Dr. Balaji Chinnasami 1 hour later
Dear Madam,
Thanks for giving more details about your condition. I am happy that you are not on long term opioid and also aware of its consequences. As per federal law opioid comea under "controlled substances". Federal law says "It is the responsibility of individual practitioners to treat patients with opioids according to their professional judgement for a legitimate medical purpose in accordance with generally acceptable medical standards". But still US physicians tend to underuse opioid for pain relief.

I, agree with you that for a temporary basis oxycodone containing percocet can be tried considering the pain you are undergoing. But at the same time, it was your doctor's professional judgment to not to give powerful pain relievers. It varies from doctor to doctor just as pain tolerance varies from patient to patient.

What I would suggest is if possible to get another physician opinion preferably a female physician. May be she understands your problem better and prescribes higher analgesics.

Why don't you ask for topical analgesics like lidocaine which gives good pain relief.

I am happy to help you with all my possible efforts.

Take care
Dr. Balaji Chinnasami
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have large hole in labia. Getting severe pain. Taking clonzapam and dyclovinex. How to cure this? 8 hours later
thanks dr. i had a pain relief spray that worked decently when i left the hospital,maybe i'll get more of that. thanks again sir.
Answered by Dr. Balaji Chinnasami 1 hour later
Dear Madam,

I am happy that my information was useful to you.
Take care
Dr. Balaji Chinnasami
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor