Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Have kidney disease and paralysis. Feeling breathlessness and sweating. Proper treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Cardiologist, Interventional
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 141 Questions
Hi Doctor,

This is to ask you a query regarding my father, aged 62.
Right now, my dad is admitted in ICU as he complained of breathlessness and was sweating profusely on the night of XXXXXXX 2nd.
For his medical history, he has been suffering from kidney disease and left sided paralysis. His current creatinine level is 5.2, also he has been having constant high blood pressure of 90/190 for past 15-20 days.

Now the doctors are suggesting that my dad may have to undergo angiography or dialysis or both. As per them, the angiography may increase the creatinine levels.

Please let us know what is the best treatment that should be given to my dad with his medical history.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.

As per details about your father, it definitely looks like renal failure.

Along with heart problems, in this situation if it’s an acute heart attack then only we go for emergency angiography or angioplasty. In the other conditions, it’s better to get the creatinine level down by medical management or dialysis followed by angiography.

This strategy will reduce the complication of intervention.

If you can tell me about the echocardiography report then I can guide you better. You have a feature to upload the reports by yourself on the right side of this query page. You may want to use it.

Let me know if you have more concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor