Have keloid's in chest. How to overcome?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have Keloid's in My Chest ,If I do Excercise It Pains Lot....Kindly advice how to Overcome this.
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 18 minutes later

Thank you for posting a question.

Firstly, keloid is the proliferation scar tissue. The scar may occurred after any operations done in that particular area.

Development of pain in the keloid indicates that it has to be treated.

Treatment of keloid is injection of corticosteroids in the keloid. If corticosteroids failed to give relief, the keloid is to be excised by scalpel.

Here, I cannot give you any guarantee regarding ayurvedic treatment.

So, you have to visit a general surgeon for clinical examination of the keloid and proper management accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Das Arindam 48 minutes later
Hope you would have gone through the picture,this has come Automatically

not due to any Operations done in that area.I had Steriod Injections which is not

Successful.Will you Suggest me any other Treatments or any Skin Specialist....

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 14 minutes later
Thank you for writing back.

Look, as I told before you need surgical excision of that lesion.

Keloid normally occurs in a scar tissue. For that reason, I had told that. I had gone through the pictures. But, I can say the quality was very poor.

However, I want to add one point that, it has to be definitely excised and has to be sent for histological examination. I add this because, some other lesions of skin may also present with this type of lesion.

So, as I told you previously, consult with general surgeon for excision. You can also consult with dermatologist for performing a skin biopsy. It can be performed before excision for confirmation of diagnosis.

Regards.