Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

178 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have keloid's in chest. How to overcome?

Answered by
Dr. Das Arindam

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 1416 Questions

Posted on Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have Keloid's in My Chest ,If I do Excercise It Pains Lot....Kindly advice how to Overcome this.
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 18 minutes later

Thank you for posting a question.

Firstly, keloid is the proliferation scar tissue. The scar may occurred after any operations done in that particular area.

Development of pain in the keloid indicates that it has to be treated.

Treatment of keloid is injection of corticosteroids in the keloid. If corticosteroids failed to give relief, the keloid is to be excised by scalpel.

Here, I cannot give you any guarantee regarding ayurvedic treatment.

So, you have to visit a general surgeon for clinical examination of the keloid and proper management accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Das Arindam 48 minutes later
Hope you would have gone through the picture,this has come Automatically

not due to any Operations done in that area.I had Steriod Injections which is not

Successful.Will you Suggest me any other Treatments or any Skin Specialist....



Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 14 minutes later
Thank you for writing back.

Look, as I told before you need surgical excision of that lesion.

Keloid normally occurs in a scar tissue. For that reason, I had told that. I had gone through the pictures. But, I can say the quality was very poor.

However, I want to add one point that, it has to be definitely excised and has to be sent for histological examination. I add this because, some other lesions of skin may also present with this type of lesion.

So, as I told you previously, consult with general surgeon for excision. You can also consult with dermatologist for performing a skin biopsy. It can be performed before excision for confirmation of diagnosis.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Lab Tests

Recent questions on  Skin biopsy

doctor1 MD

My query is to a dermatologist. My Name is Mrs. Nair, age- 38 years, female. My problem is listed below:

In 2006 April I started having hyper pigmentation on my face, neck and upper back. I consulted a specialist at Manipal Hospital, Bangalore and underwent blood test. As per the blood test my IGE (immunoglobin E) was 460, high above normal. Therefore, I underwent a patch test and the result of the patch test said I was allergic to PPD and some parabens. So my problem was diagnosed as hyper pigmentation due to contact dermatitis. I had used hair colour since February 2006 and as per this result I completely stopped using the same. I underwent chemical peeling, micro dermabrasion and laser treatment subsequently. My facial skin improved a bit, but not much. I had to shift to Egypt on official assignment and here again I consulted two dermatologists. They suggested a skin biopsy for Macular Amyloidosis and a biopsy was done. As per the biopsy report "bundles of collegen found in the dermis and slightly reactive to congo red staining. diagnosis: Amyloidosis."I do not have any itching on the skin except sometimes which i take as due to dryness. Can you please confirm what is my condition? Is there any treatment for this? I would really be grateful for your reply as I cannot consult a doctor from India face to face now as I am still in Egypt.

doctor1 MD

our doctor suggest for skin we do.result is boderline lepromatous hansen's disease.we are not satisfied so we are going for another suggestion.the second suggested for another few test.
LD BODY(AB CELL)-report in negative.
ESR-report is 30 mm at the end of 1st hour(method-sysmex xe-2100'/'sysmex xt-2000i'/'advia 2120' cell counter)
ACE-ESTIMATION-report is 182.1u/l. (method-kinetic)
CHEST X-RAY PA VIEW-report is the mid & lower zone of the left lung pneumonitis.
Now we are very confiused. Please Suggest

doctor1 MD

so I have a parasite problem I feel and see them coming from my armpits little black obes it also feels XXXXXXX I have a big worm moving around my body when I can feel it when I push pretty hard on it another spot in my body cracks like the...

doctor1 MD

Hi Dr. I have a skin related issue. There is a spot of dead skin on my left leg. it's been more than 10 year for that spot and sometimes it itches and leave dead skin. I am worry that why it's being fine as I have used multiple antifungal cream....

doctor1 MD

A few months ago a red spot showed up on my forehead and my dermatologist diagnosed it as Actinic keratosis and froze it off. It went away completely and now it is coming back and ir is worst. Now it feels raised. Is it possible it has turned in...

doctor1 MD

I am a 25 year old female, 5 3 178lbs. July 24th I was admitted to the hospital with swollen ankles and knees, and large red spots below both of my knees on both legs, which were painfull and warm to the touch; watery diarreah ( up to 10x a day), vomiting, not being able to keep any food down, a dry cough, and fever that ranged from 101 to 103. After xrays and cat scans, they found that I had 11 nodules between both lungs, and an inflammed colon. After 2 skin biopsies and a VAT lung biopsy, all that came back was one skin biopsy positive for vasculitis. Right now my current doctors are leaning towards a disgnosis of Chrohns Disease. I have a colonoscopy coming up in a few weeks. They put me on a high dose of Prednisone in the hospital and the swelling and inflammation went down. Im currently on a steady dose of 30mg/day. Recently the vision in my right eye has become increasingly blurry. I am still not having normal bowel movements, but it is better than pre-hospital stay. I do get stomach cramping, and dull aches in my belly. I would like to get a different perspective or advice on the situation and hear what you think it may be.

doctor1 MD

Sir, Doctor has identified lymph nodes tuberculosis but they are unable to confirm that it is malignant or not. they have tried fine needle aspiration cytology, but they could not get good results. Doctor wants to do biopsy. Is Biopsy the right method. Can doctors do biopsy if there is heart issue or not?