Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Have keloid on chest. Tried silica gel sheet. Have itching, difficult to wear shirt. How to proceed?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Oncologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 576 Questions
Dear Dr. I have Kelloid in my chest since 3.5 years, tried taking several medications and tried silica gel sheet. I get itching sensation, sometimes it is difficult to wear the shirt. 2cm in length and 0.5 cm in width. Please advise me how to proceed - is there a way to cure this or one has to live with it for ever.
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 11 hours later
Dear Sir,

I can see that you are quite disturbed because of your keloid. Unfortunately, keloids rarely subside completely by treatment and even if you go for surgery, they have a tendency to recur. You have already tried most of the treatments. You can ask your doctor for intra-lesional steroid injections, as they sometimes help in reducing the size of the keloid. You would require atleast 3 injections at 3 weekly intervals.
If these injections do not work, then you might have to live with your keloid.

Hope you get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor