Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Have itchy water bubbles on foot. Blood comes after rubbing. How to treat this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
i am suffering with some skin decease i don't know in my foots and sensitive areas there is a water bubbles forming it is very much itching when i rub blood will come after the XXXXXXX will not go. i am facing the problem last one year
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to us.
The description provided by you seems incomplete to reach a particular diagnosis.
I would like to know
about the areas involved( I did not understand what you meant by sensitive areas). Specific Area of involvement over foot
If the lesions are persistent or seasonal
If the water bubbles heal with peeling of skin
If there is any allergy to soaps, detergent etc
Treatment taken so far and the response achieved with medicine

If possible kindly attach image of concerned area as it would help me in reaching a particular diagnosis and in suggesting an appropriate treatment.

Hoping to hear from you soon.
Take care

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have itchy water bubbles on foot. Blood comes after rubbing. How to treat this? 2 hours later
Hello Dr.Kalpana Pathak,

this is happening most of foots and foot fingers and Groins area also having itching but not like this type whenever stewing happens then itching will start that is horrible

this is not seasonal
yes the water bubbles heal with peeling of skin
No i dont think so i no allergy to soap or detergent
No i have not taken any treatment till date

Please check attached photographs

Thanks&Regards, XXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 3 hours later
Thanks for answering my questions!
From the images attached it looks like vesicular tinea pedis( fungal infection). The itching in your groin could be due to fungal involvement too. Usually in fungal infection of foot, web spaces( spaces in between the toe fingers) and nail involvement is also seen. Treatment would require oral and topical antifungal medicines for 4 to 6 weeks

The other possibility could be a type of eczema known as dyshidrotic eczema or pompholyx. Treatment would be in form of topical steroids and oral antihistaminic like cetirizine
I would advise you to visit a dermatologist nearby to get the diagnosis confirmed, so that appropriate treatment can be started. Fungal infection can be confirmed by KOH mount of skin scraping of concerned area

Hope I have answered your query. Should there be any other query, feel free to write back.
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have itchy water bubbles on foot. Blood comes after rubbing. How to treat this? 1 hour later
please suggest me some medicines i cant able consult docter
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 16 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
You may follow these suggestions
Keep your feet dry
Wear non occlusive foot wear like sandals. If wearing shoes wear well fitted ones with cotton socks and dust your feet with clotrimazole dusting powder
Take tablet cetirizine two times in a day to reduce itching
Apply candid b cream twice in a day. It contains clotrimazole which is an antifungal and betamethasone a steroid.
Hopefully with these you will get response. However sometimes oral treatment is also required.
If it is tinea pedis tablet fluconazole 150 mg once in a week for two to four weeks will give good response. If it is pompholyx then a course of oral steroid might be required. The diagnosis can only be confirmed on clinical examination and laboratory testing

I would still suggest that if possible visit a dermatologist as it will help in proper diagnosis and appropriate treatment. In the meanwhile start with the treatment I have suggested. If there is any other query, feel free to write back. I will be available for follow up.
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor