Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Have itchy red bumps on mons pubis. How to get rid of it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
hi doc i have little red bumps or pimples on my mons pubis and a im worried bout it and its very itchy when touched how can i get rid of it
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks.
It is most probably fungal or bacterial infection.
In addition to hygiene, things that would help are.
1. Application of anti fungal ointment- miconazole/ clotrimazole twice daily for one week.
2. Antibacterial ointment - mupirocin twice daily for a week.
3. Keeping the area dry otherwise.
Hope this helps.
Kindly write back for doubts.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor