Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have itchy rash around scrotum area. How to get rid of this?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9629 Questions
Hi, i have a rash around my scrotum area where my testicles sit next to the body. It is itchy most of the time. Can you provide any information on how to rectify this?
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed what is called as Ring Worm Infection (Jack Itch).

However final diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified Dermatologist.

In the meanwhile start taking anti fungal medication orally along with anti fungal topical jelly like Meconazole for local application over scrotum and groin.

Get prescription of these medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to wash your inner wares in hot water mixed with antiseptic solution Dettol
Observe personal hygiene by washing the entire affected area with warm water twice daily.

It should heal up within a week.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor