question-icon

Have itchy nodes on body. Used scabies permethrin cream. How to cure this?

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013
Question: I have used the scabie permethrin cream twice and I still have nodes on my body that still itch. There are some on my penis as well. Are the mites still in the nodes?
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak (23 minutes later)
The nodular lesions of scabies signify the hypersensitivity reaction to mite. These lesions persist even after mite has cleared off with permethrin application. So as you have already applied permethrin twice, you do not need further application.

To treat these lesions, you need to apply a steroid cream over the nodules. With steroid cream application, these lesions will resolve. To combat itching, you may take oral antihistaminic like cetirizine.
As both the above mentioned are prescription drugs, I would encourage you to visit a dermatologist nearby.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be further query, I would be happy to assist you.

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Dermatologist