Have itchy nodes on body. Used scabies permethrin cream. How to cure this?
Thanks for writing to us.
The nodular lesions of scabies signify the hypersensitivity reaction to mite. These lesions persist even after mite has cleared off with permethrin application. So as you have already applied permethrin twice, you do not need further application.
To treat these lesions, you need to apply a steroid cream over the nodules. With steroid cream application, these lesions will resolve. To combat itching, you may take oral antihistaminic like cetirizine.
As both the above mentioned are prescription drugs, I would encourage you to visit a dermatologist nearby.
Hope that answers your query. Should there be further query, I would be happy to assist you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Natural cure for scabies
- Treatment and cure for genital scabies
- How to cure scabies
- Treatment and cure for norwegian scabies
- Treatment and cure for crusted scabies
- How long to cure scabies
- Treatment and cure for sarcoptes scabies
- Permethrin cream for scabies
- Can permethrin cream be used daily for scabies treatment
- Scabies itchy bumps on whole body permethrin cream cure