Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

189 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have itchy, flaky skin on my testicals. Applied hydrocortizone cream, not cured. Treatment?

Answered by
Dr. Rohit Batra


Practicing since :2003

Answered : 304 Questions

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Testicle Problems
Question: hello there
i sometimes have flaky skin on my testicals also i does get a bit itchy also on my penis it does go very red but not always itchy i sometimes use hydrocortizone cream and that makes it feel great but then after a while it comes back can you help me as my relastionship suffers my long time girlfriend is very understanding but i still get very very ambarrassed thank you
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

Redness and flakiness at genitals can be a fungal infection or an allergic reaction to any application.
Fungal infection like Candida causes erythema, burning , itching and flakiness along with fissuring at times.

Hydrocortisone is a steroid which can only suppress the symptoms but not cure it. A course of antifungals is required to treat the condition completely.

I would suggest you to visit a qualified dermatologist in your area for a detailed exist ion and treatment as oral antifungals are prescription drugs.

Dr. Rohit Batra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,  

Recent questions on  Anti-fungal medication

doctor1 MD

Can I use ciclopirox olamine cream to help grow hair on my beard? I have very small bald spots would it still work? I don t have money for a prescription, so I borrowed this cream from a friend. Is there an over the counter cream that would work if this one doesn t?

doctor1 MD

I ve been taking amphotericin B for oral thrush for 3 days now, 10mg x2 daily. The thrush has affected my tongue and the upper back of my mouth and is slowly subsiding. I ve had a an upper respiratory infection (Dr said Bacterial Virus), which has largely died down, the coughing is absolutely minimal now and there s virtually no phlegm. I ve been breathing through my mouth a lot (been sick for 3 weeks) and have had many throat lozenges to cope with the coughing. Have been on Roxithromycin now for 3 days. I ve never been prone to thrush. Have been under a lot of stress - earthquakes in Christchurch, NZ. Ok, my question. Still feeling very tired, unwell and drained. Could this be due to the antifungal drug?

doctor1 MD

I ve got a rash in the middle of my elbow which is like a spotty circle (with loads of smaller spots around it), its similar to ringworm which I ve had before in the same area, however it sometimes twinges with pain, feeling like my skin is being pulled taut. Its not like a stabbing pain but its like being pricked with a needle and is very discomforting. I ve been applying anti-fungal creams to it for a while now but it doesn t seem to be going down. I ve also done the tumbler test so I m moderately sure that its not meningitis.

doctor1 MD

I have a persistant rash in the pubic area...clinical presentation is consistent with fungal infection, but it is unresponsive to OTC topical antifungals and one prescription antifungal. I have had no culture done. My sexual partner has had a vaginal culture done and tested positive for Klebsiella Pneumoniae. Could this also be causing my rash?

doctor1 MD

Yeast infection in groin for two weeks from several weeks of antibiotic use. Taken two 150 diflucan in last fourteen days. Gyno had me use j&j baby powder first week. Infection returned one week after first diflucan. Dermatologist had me take...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, i am 39 years old, i have itching on my groin, for past 6 months, i was thinking its an fungal infection and applying Candiderma/Talcum powders, i gave me timely relief, but the condition now i get blisters on the groin areas, pls...

doctor1 MD

Hello, I am 27 year old 168 cm height and 65 kgs of weight i had a problem in my penis foreskin as the skin looses its color and becomes white as own in color it looks very odd in the penis fore skin at the tip below the glans and in the upper...